Services and Education
CAISA serves community associations and homeowners by:
- Advancing excellence through seminars, workshops, conferences, webinars and education programs, most of which lead to professional designations for community managers and other industry professionals.
- Publishing the largest collection of resources available on community association management and governance, including website content, books, guides, Common Ground magazine and specialized newsletters.
- Advocating on behalf of common-interest communities and industry professionals before legislatures, regulatory bodies and the courts.
- Conducting research and serving as an international clearinghouse for information, innovations and best practices in community association development, governance and management.
Courses are covered over a 3 day period. The unique classroom style of presentation provides ample opportunity to participants to learn international best practices, terminology and find local solutions from their peers.
PROFESSIONAL MANAGEMENT DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM (PMDP)
The PMDP provides the most comprehensive, expert education courses for Community Association managers seeking to increase their skills, knowledge and job opportunities. The programs were developed by member experts and is updated and improved on a continues basis.
THE M100: ESSENTIALS OF COMMUNITY ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT
This comprehensive community association course provides a practical overview for new managers and essential review for the veterans. Topics like; Legal Basis for Community Associations, Rule Development & Enforcement, Budgets and Replacement Reserves, Collecting Assessments, Financial Statements, Audits, Income Taxes & Investments, Maintenance, Contracting, Risk Management & Insurance, Community Management, Board Meetings & Decision Making, and Ethics.
ASSOCIATION MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST – DESIGNATION (AMS). THE M200 COURSE.
The M200 course consists of:
- M201 Facilities Management
- M202 Association Communications
- M203 Community Leadership
- M204 Community Governance
- M205 Risk Management
- M206 Financial Management
Completion of two of the six courses create the AMS designation.
ICAS101 – INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNITY ASSOCIATIONS AND SCHEMES
This locally developed course is aimed at newbies, admin staff, service providers and volunteers who are looking for board overview of the South African industry. Topics like; Legal Basis Financial Management, Facilities Management, Safety and Health, Environment, Quality, Community Management and Leadership Communications, Security, and Ethics are covered in a classroom style course.
COMMUNITY NEXT: 2020 AND BEYOND
Community Next originated from the USA. The first planning meeting took place in South Africa in early September 2016. Community Next is a platform designed to bring together various role players in the industry to contemplate the future of community associations in South Africa in the next 15 years.